Thursday, January 19, 2012

Litte White Lies

I have been dealing with little white lies since my oldest could understand: "after I'm done, we'll go to the park" or when I want to watch my show, I'll tell my kids there are no cartoons on right now. I don't see any harm to it; my kids are 8 and 5 and pretty normal.  But now, I see myself having him say the little white lies for me. I feel utterly guilty, because, of course, I don't want to teach him that. I can't help it!! For instance, if I get a chance to nap and all of a sudden my husbands sister decides to call, I would tell him to tell her I'm in the shower and I'll call her later. Or if my twins' teacher asks me to volunteer I'd tell them to tell her, I have a doctors appointment. I hate that it happens but sometimes I just want to be left alone, even if it mean my children have to lie for me! Another issue i have is, he never questions that I am doing something wrong. Could it be that he now thinks its normal? I have certainly made a vow to myself that I will stop putting him in the middle, however, I have a feeling it will happen again! Maybe I just shouldn't over due it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment